Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting my groove back!

Wow! 2 posts in 1 day! I'm on a roll!

As I said this morning, I got on the scale and realized I have a LOT of work to do. So tonight, after going to town and getting a few things at Sam's Club, I came home and forced myself onto the treadmill. I really wasn't feeling too bad about the day and was pretty energized to get a workout in (since I skipped all weekend). One of my friends posted today about quality over quantity. I took it to heart. After warming up walking .2 miles, I started my run. Shins were feeling good...breathing nice and easy...and I started thinking.

You know, I use to use a half mile jog as my warm up. What has happened to me? There is no reason that I can't get back to that. Run your half mile without stopping.

The inner monologue continued throughout, mixed in with the words to some of my favorite songs, and I hit my half mile mark. Wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. With the first half mile done, I wasn't stopping. At the mile mark, I started feeling a bit slower.

Man, my legs are getting tired. Wait...no, they aren't. Quit whining and keep running, fatty! You can easily run a mile and a half without walking. Don't quit!

At about 1.2, I had to step off real quick and turn on the fan because I was drowning in my own sweat. Yes, I sweat like a disgusting man and there is nothing I can do about it! I got back on and kept going. I checked my time and wanted to keep it under 18 minutes, so I pushed my speed from 5mph to 6mph and really ran my last .1 mile.

What a great feeling! I wasn't gasping for air and I had hit my mile and a half without feeling like dying! I'm getting my groove back and it feels GREAT!

Tomorrow, the forecast is calling for temps around 50, so I'm taking clothes and running after school.

Until then...Happy Running! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment