Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014: New year, new goals

What a lazy lard I have been over the last few years! It's hard to believe, but since I met the love of my life my exercise has screeched to a halt and I have put on 50 pounds. Ugh. I can't believe I just put that out there...

However, it's a new year, which means time for new goals. After hearing my mom rave about ACE, her "skinny in a bottle", I decided to try it. My first go 'round with this "miracle pill" left me sobbing in my cereal and for some reason I couldn't stop. Didn't take it anymore. Yikes! I'm enough of a bawl bag as it is, I didn't need any help. About three months ago, Mom tells me that there is a new formula for ACE and it shouldn't make me cry anymore. After carrying a bottle around with me in my purse for about a month, I decided to try it. Lo and behold...it works! I have more energy, I'm not starving all the time, and I'm actually starting to see a decline in the number on the scale!

Pair that with actually using my treadmill and exercise bike for more than a dust collector and I'm seeing results! Last week I was able to run 1.25 miles on the tread before I stopped. College basketball is what helps keep me going, so hopefully that will last until Spring when I can get outside. I was hit with the plague last week, aka a head cold/sinus infection/grossness. I haven't done much since last Thursday, but I'm starting to feel a little more normal and I have to get back at it tonight.

Maybe posting here will help hold me more accountable...I don't know. I do know, though, that I can't keep giving up. I run at a snail's pace now and feel like I did when I initially started running 5 years ago. I can't let that stop me. I'm done comparing myself to others and I'm ready to start comparing myself to me!

Until next time...
Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment