Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Running with my bestie

Today was my first run of 2012. I was planning on starting on Sunday and doing something every day, but it didn't happen so I'm not beating myself up about it. I figure with work during the week the only way I will get my run in is to take my gear to school with me and run right after school. It just so happened today that my partner teacher/partner in crime/bestie had her gear as well! It was meant to be!

After school we changed and went for our run. We each had a headphone in one ear and were able to push each other. It was a beautiful day out for a January Kansas day and we made the most of it! We were able to run 2.5 miles in 32:15 and only walked a total of 3 times. After we got back to school, I did my squats for the day; 2 sets of 25.

As we were running, I flashed back to three years ago when I started running and she told me I was crazy and that she would never run. Oh how times change. :) A great way to start my 2012 workouts!

My goal is to be back in the shape I was in when I met my fiance and that will only happen with determination and hard work. Until my next time...Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment