Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some days a good run just isn't in the cards

After getting into somewhat of an argument with my ex earlier today and having to deal with him acting like a small child, I was super ticked. I decided to go channel my anger at the gym. Didn't go quite as I had planned. I warmed up on the elliptical first. Not a great idea. I should have just warmed up running on the tread. After a 10 minute warm-up, I moved to the treadmill. Starting running...almost immediate ankle pain. Not sure what that was all about. Paused at the half-mile mark to stretch it out and changed to an interval run. I was sucking air BIG TIME! I was able to get to the 1.25 mile mark before I stopped. A friend once told me, "Anything over a mile is good." I took his advice and stopped for the day. I am refusing to let this run get me down. I'm feeling a little dehydrated, so I'm refueling tonight and gearing up for my run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment