Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mission 10 Miles A Week

At the beginning of the year, I made a goal to run 10 miles a week for the entire year. After almost not completing my goal the very first week of the year, I decided some sort of milage is better than no milage. Last week, I ran 8.5 miles and biked 2. This put me over the 10 mile mark. I feel like I accomplished my first goal because since January 1, I've already run 14 miles.

After biking 2 miles directly after running 2 miles, I really felt the workout in my legs. I'm going to add to my workout routine biking at least 2 nights a week, as well as running. This works a different muscle group and I think it will improve my speed. I'd love to be able to run a half marathon this year, and at the rate I'm going, it will take me 3 hours to finish the 13 miles. LOL!

Rested last night, but headed back to the gym tonight! Sure can't wait until the warmer temperatures get here, so I can run outside again. Not a fan of the treadmill.

~Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment