Sunday, January 17, 2010

As I was running on the treadmill today, I started thinking about when I first started running. It was about a year ago. I had been going through a really rough time. Was sick for almost a month. Everything finally started clearing up and I was feeling better. When I looked in the mirror for the first time in a month, I realized how gross I looked. I'm sure others didn't think the same thing, but I sure felt it. So, I headed back to the gym. All I used to do was get on the elliptical, lift a little, and then get back on the elliptical. That night, for some reason, I decided to get on the treadmill. That night, I was able to run my first 1/4 mile. I started small and worked my way up. Before long, I was able to run 3 miles without stopping. I wasn't fast, and I'm still not, but the rush of being able to do it is something I will never forget. I challenge all my friends to just try it. I was never a runner, and now it's one of my favorite things to do. I'm so glad I'm able to run. It's something that releases me from all the stress in my life for just a little bit and I can't live without it. :)

~Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, I started running 2 years ago after saying for years I can not run and now I can not imagine not running. It took me a long time to get my the miles up there but it can be done with the right motivation. I found your blog on your dailymile post and I am looking forward to following you. I hope you make your 1/2 this year, I am sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete