Thursday, January 30, 2014

That moment when...

So, running every day, as of right now, is not something I'm pushing myself to do. Once upon a time, running every day was something I couldn't do without. Now, that I'm trying to get back into it, I don't want to burn myself out. After running 1.5 miles the other night (farthest distance in a while without stopping!), I hit the exercise bike last night. My goal was 10 miles, but I ended up pushing it to 11.1 miles in about 45 minutes. Felt good, but I didn't feel like it was much of a workout.

Now, let me tell you how I gauge a good workout vs a mediocre workout. If I am dripping sweat, it's a good workout. However, if I'm barely sweating I don't feel like I've really done much. In all honesty, it felt pretty good to know I wasn't beat after my workout because it felt like I'm getting more in shape, but I was a little bummed and felt like I needed to do more. Until...I had to walk back up the stairs to get some water. Holy moly! OUCH! Yep. 11 miles on the bike was a heck of a workout, even if I wasn't dripping sweat. :)

Until next time...
Happy running! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment