Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Get it!

It's amazing what a difference a few weeks can make! Over the last three weeks, I have put in over 30 miles. Last week alone, I got 18.25! Also, last week was the first time I ran 4 miles without stopping in years. My 4 mile run was meant to be my long run for the week, and that's exactly what it ended up being. Starting my week off like that was awesome, but I didn't really end up having anymore lengthy runs the rest of the week. I had a 3.1 miler on Saturday, but that was about it.

So, for this week, I've decided to bump up my milage a bit. Monday night, I did 2.25 as an interval run on the treadmill. I forgot what an amazing workout that is! I literally had sweat dripping off my face when I was finished. Last night, I knew I needed to work on tempo, so I set out for 4 miles again at a faster pace than last time. I killed it! My last 4-miler was 14 minutes per mile. Last night's....drumroll please...12:27 per mile!!! I had to stop at the half way point because my shin was killing me and my quad was starting to cramp. I stretched for maybe 20 seconds and kept going. My last mile split was actually 12:01! I was definitely tired afterward, but felt like I could do anything!

My hang up now isn't time. My hang up is the fact that I LOVE food, so, even though I'm ramping up my miles, I'm not losing any weight. :( I started a Little Black Dress 30 Day Challenge on Monday because I have a LBD and can't fit into it anymore. Plus, my arm jiggle could knock someone out. Also, wall push-ups have become my new best friend. My wrists hurt too bad to do actual push-ups, so wall push-ups are right up my alley. Each workout for my LBD Challenge is short, so I do 2 sets of everything. I should probably take some before pictures and measurements, so I can see the change.

Another thing I'm doing is #100bysummer. The goal is to run 100 miles by the first day of summer. I'm already 30 miles in for this challenge, and there is still 6 weeks until summer. Woot woot!

Until next time...
Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment