Wednesday, May 7, 2014

4 miles

So, my desire to run a half marathon by my 30th (ugh!) birthday has taken me to a new level. On Monday, because I was sore on Sunday from running 5 miles in two days and planting flowers on Saturday and Sunday, I set out for my 4 mile long run. Please keep in mind I had also really psyched myself out on Sunday with the fear of not being able to actually run 4 miles, so I was a little nervous. I knew that if I wanted to run the whole thing, which is ultimately my goal every time I lace up, I was going to have to keep my pace slow. So, that's what I did. 14 minute mile slow. However, I was able to actually run the whole thing! By mile three my big toes were starting to cramp, so I really had to push through. At mile 4 I met up with a friend who was just starting her walk, so I ended my run and did a short cool down with her. Now, for some reason I am constantly hung up on my time. I'm not sure what this hang up is or where it came from, but I just can't seem to shake it. I want to be a fast runner, but I just feel like that is something that will probably never happen. It is for that reason that I always end up running solo. Oh well!

Last night I did a quick recovery with my neighbor and was able to knock out a short 12:30 mile. I didn't run far, but I knew that if I didn't run I would regret it when I crawled into bed. So thankful I did! Tonight, I'm going to go for 3 miles or so. I need to lead up to either a 4.5 or 5 miler on Sunday, so I can't keep running short distances. I seem to have plateaued on my weight loss. I'm not eating as good as I was, and I'm just doing cardio. I know this is the problem, but I haven't had time to go get my gym membership. If I don't get it before school is out, I will have time to do it this summer. I just have to keep pushing myself and stay motivated. I know I can do it!

Until next time...
Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment